By: Angel Middleton
1.5 Venison Sausage
1/4 cup Parsley Flakes
1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
2 Tbsp. Salt
2 Tbsp. Pepper
1 cup Breadcrumbs
1 cup Water
1. Mix the venison, parsley, garlic and Parmesan in a big bowl
2. Add in the eggs and salt and pepper and mix until it is one equally mixed substance
3. Add the water and bread crumbs to the mix and keep mixing it until it is an equally mixed substance
4. Roll the meatballs and place them on a smoker rack (if you have the Bradley Magic Mats; they are perfect when smoking meatballs)
5. Preheat your smoker to 250F using Cherry Bradley Bisquettes
6. Smoke for about 1 – 2 hours
7. Serve with marinara sauce and cheese
I love coming up with new recipes for cooking venison. I usually get inspired by trips we take. This recipe came to me on our recent trip to Virginia. Wade and I stayed at a wonderful, old, historic hotel…The Homestead. Now, I always cook with venison in our kitchen, but this recipe is just a little different. There are no noodles involved. It’s pure protein, so it won’t slow you down, but gives you the energy you need.
I usually cook my meatballs the old traditional way served with noodles. You can serve with noodles if you like, but for us this is an appetizer. While we were staying at the Homestead in Virginia we stopped at their local pub for a place to relax. We had a dinner we had to attend that night so we didn’t want anything too heavy. We ordered the meatballs. They were ok, but I told Wade, “I have an idea.” I told him these would be so much better, 1, using venison, and, 2, smoking them in our Bradley Smoker.
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel to get weekly videos.
Please visit Bradley Smokers for more Recipes and information on all the Bradley Smokers.